The Long Way from Zurich to Tokyo – The Movie
Carrying out a project, small or big, when you head off to discover the world is definitely something cool and adds personal value to your own travel experience. I planned and made a short movie about the long overland journey from Zurich, Switzerland, to Tokyo, Japan. Here`s the result!
The Making of `The long way from Zurich to Tokyo`
It took the producers, Patric & Tanja, more than 8 months to make and gather all movie snippets. We traveled all the way from Zurich, a medium-sized town in Central Europe, through amazing places like Turkey, Iran, Kyrgyzstan, China or Mongolia to finally arrive in Tokyo, the maybe largest city in the world. Everywhere we stopped for a night or longer, we took some footage. We usually chose settings and places that have great recognition value to make it interesting for the viewer to watch the film (over and over again).
Facts about the Movie `The long way from Zurich to Tokyo`
- Time to accomplish the film: 9 months
- Software used: iMovie
- Camera: Nikon D5200
- Background music: Kocani Orkestar with Papigo
- Plays on vimeo by 2015: 1`000`000 views
- Distance traveled: more than 28`000 kilometers
- Countries included in the movie: Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, China, Mongolia, Japan
- People we know showing up in the movie: Matthias, Jürg, Max, Deborah, Matthieu, Peter, Hojat, Tim, Elsa, Thomas, Rebecca, Miguel, Eva, Roger, Toni, Michael, Noam, Ben, Karin, Simon, Oliver, Yasmina.
- Sponsors: None
Critique and Love Confessions for `The long way from Zurich to Tokyo`
No matter if you loved this travel movie or really disliked it, tell us your opinion. Spread the word about it. Make this movie popular and help eternize it! Make it the `Travel Movie Blockbuster` of 2014, or 2015, or 2016. I love to hear from you. Every comment will be rewarded with a personal reply!
Thanks for watching!
Patric Ganz, alias Traveling Pat