Three Must-Watch TED Talks about How and Why you Should Travel
Robin Esrock, Francis Tapon and Rick Steves have a lot in common, particularly their love for traveling and their will to share this love with others. At three different TEDx Talk Events they`ve all presented in what way traveling is of utmost importance in their lives. Watch these talks in a quite moment and get inspired!
Robin Esrock: How to Travel?
Robin Esrock`s major contributions to a more rewarding way of traveling:
- Wherever you ARE is where you`re supposed to be.
- People will rather HELP you than HURT you.
- The most important “weapon” (in your backpack): Smile!
- Trust your guts – trust your instincts.
- People you MEET create the PARADISE you find.
- Don`t Panic! Never …
Francis Tapon: How and Why Travel Transforms You?
Francis Tapon`s major contributions to a more rewarding way of traveling:
- Pilgrimage into nature or wilderness is especially rewarding and can bring you from a seven to an eight or nine or even ten on a scale from 1 to 10 (Life-satisfaction level).
- You get deep thoughts on long, physically and mentally challenging trails. That`s what separates those who do it (travel on a trail) from those who don`t. The ones who do, they come away with lessons.
- Hike your own hike!
- Accomplish something special (walk a whole trail) really challenges one`s brain or put you in a new way of looking at things.
- Learn to live bellow your means, not beyond. Learn to cut back, to live simple.
- Learn to travel bellow your means, not beyond.
Rick Steves: The Value of Thoughtful Travel
Rick Steves` major contributions to a more rewarding way of traveling:
- Travel opens us up to the wonders of our world.
- Travel connects you with nature and culture.
- Travel connects you people. It`s people that really make your experience vital. There are so many missunderstandings between people and when we travel we straighten them out.
- Travels wall up one`s ethnocentricity. That is something to celebrate!
- “It is so fun to change something that you thought is a basic truth.”
- “Fear is, to me, for people who don`t get out very much!”
- “When we travel, we gain a little bit of appreciation of what is the BAGGAGE that people are carrying when they respond to us.”
- Other regions of the world are learning areas; in this case Europe. “That`s there attempt to deal with this problem. We can learn from them.”
Have you liked the TED talks of Robin Esrock, Francis Tapon and Rick Steves? After having seen and heard these three travelers talking, which of their ideas do you find most useful or convincing? Are there more must-watch TED talks about how and why you should travel? Please let me know …
Greets from Ito, Japan.
Greets from Japan! Thank you for liking my work!
The featured pictures above are taken from the websites of the TED talkers.